Material Handler- Freedman SeatingManufacturing and LogisticsFreedman Seating
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Position: Material Handler
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Position Statues: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Material Handler team member is responsible for all aspects of picking, packing, counting and putting away material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read customer orders, shipping pick list or bill of lading to determine items to be moved or shipped.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Mark materials/packaging with identifying information.
- Manage parts and maintain inventory records.
- May operate forklift to transport materials within the plant.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of 1-year experience and/or training; Or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a team as well as individual.
- Attention to detail and problem solver.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math and measurement skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, picklist and orders.
- Ability to read English.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.