Marketing Manager, National ExpansionSkills for Chicagoland's FutureSkills for Chicagoland's Future
Skills for Chicagoland's Future
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Established in late 2012, Skills was launched as a demand-driven organization that focuses on the hiring demand of employers, creating a paradigm shift in the traditional supply-driven approach to workforce development. With its origins rooted in Chicago, the model has directly impacted the lives of 13,000+ job seekers across two markets – Chicago and Rhode Island.
Skills’ mission is to increase economic mobility of under and unemployed talent. We achieve this by connecting the underemployed and unemployed to quality jobs through our deep partnership and understanding of the unique human capital needs of our network of engaged employers. Skills bridges the “last mile” gap for job seekers by operating as the “first mile” for employers who are seeking connections with under-resourced communities to find talent.
Today, Skills is a national thought leader with a growth plan to expand locally and nationally. We have a national expansion plan for the next ten years, calling for adding 25 locations across the U.S, placing hundreds of thousands of people into jobs.
The Marketing Manager, National Expansion is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team at Skills. This newly created role will report to leadership withing the Marketing & Communications team at Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and will work most closely with the National Expansion team. The Marketing Manager of National Expansion will be responsible for increasing brand awareness and public relations nationally, creating new and updating existing collateral that tells the vision, story and/or impact of Skills to national audiences, and driving engagement amongst target audiences. This role will focus on marketing to new site prospects, digital and social media, website content development, and designing presentations for internal and external audiences.
In this role, it is essential to have a passion for our mission, our growth plan, and the organizations we serve as we work to expand our model to new sites. The ideal candidate will be able to both “do” and “lead” in this position and will possess the drive to propel the organization and themselves forward. Skills is looking for people who are data-driven, research focused, growth-minded, organized, and detail-oriented. The Marketing Manager for National Expansion will be based in Chicago with a flexible/hybrid schedule of remote and in-office work.
- Create new and update existing collateral for national expansion efforts; digital, print, video, social
- Design visual presentations for external stakeholders – such as expansion site prospects and funders
- Design National Expansion training materials and support video creation (script writing, visuals, etc.) for national e-learning platform
- Develop, implement, and track communication about Skills’ national expansion in social, digital, and traditional media outlets to elevate Skills’ brand
- Track and report outreach and engagement strategies
- Create and implement regular social media content
- Curate stories of success and work to demonstrate the impact of the Skills’ model
- Support Skills PR with writing press releases and conducting interviews
- Engage with leadership and PR contractors to identify trends and seize news-making opportunities
- Support the VP of Marketing and Communications on training new sites on how Skills’ marketing and communications department operates
- Create executive speaking points and manage the public image of senior leadership nationally
- BA/BS in Business, Communications, English, Journalism, Graphic Design, Marketing or Public Relations or related discipline
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HubSpot, and website content design preferred
- Experience engaging audiences and accomplishing communication goals
- 3-5+ years of experience within a corporate communications role or similar field
- Graphic design experience: print, video, social, digital – specifically utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong project management skills with experience developing and executing strategies successfully while collaborating cross-functionally
- Ability to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term vision, while also balancing immediate priorities
- Research and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize data to tell stories through narrative and visuals
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting or small organization is desired; experience with nonprofits a plus
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with moving deadlines
- - We are individually and collectively motivated and energized by our deep passion for putting unemployed individuals into jobs through a model that embraces our employers and our job seekers.
- The collective identity of our people reflects and represents the community we serve. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and will engage our diverse range of stakeholders to positively impact economic mobility.
- - We are driven by our personal ethics and our collective moral compass pointed towards always acting with integrity and requiring this of those around us.
- - We are flexible individually and agile as an organization, driven by the evolving demands of our stakeholders.
- - We are innovators, built on the foundation of curiosity about how to help others and are driven daily to continually evolve solutions that moves Skills forward.
- - We are focused on the goal of positively impacting economic mobility by using the Skills model to place unemployed into jobs; the process drives the output – we celebrate results rather than tasks and are driven by our missteps to learn and grow.
- - Everything we do is because of and supported by data - it drives and guides our decision-making process