Ferrara Candy - Material Handler - (31st St)Manufacturing and LogisticsFerrara Candy Company
Ferrara Candy Company
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE
Moves products, material and equipment through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. pallet jack, forklift) and distributes them within warehouse.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
* Not all functions are applicable on a daily basis. Rotations of the following functions may occur accordingly depending on business needs.
- Moves Products, material and equipment through facility with the use of material handling equipment.
- Conducts material audits and checks each pallet for correct labeling, commodity code, pallet tag number, and pallet integrity before transporting to the intended process.
- If hold or critical labels are attached to pallet, contacts group leader before processing or reprocessing the material.
- Place unacceptable pallets in the pallet repair staging area.
- Inspects material handling equipment and wooden pallets for damage and cleanliness prior to use or storage. Check material handling equipment’s battery durability and charges if needed.
- Be able to use the scanning equipment and computer for finished goods. Be able to understand shelf life/lot codes.
- Be able to understand and follow first in/first out rotation for WIP products.
- Must be able to recognize quality issues and take proper action to correct them.
- Follows safety regulations and maintains compliance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Communicates any noted problems with material handling equipment and/or other manufacturing concerns to group leader.
- Other duties as assigned based on skills and knowledge level.
- Must comply with all applicable food laws, regulations and food safety requirements.
- Must comply with Company Policies, as well as, promotes safety and safe work conditions.
- Must comply, promote and maintain an environment consisted with Security regulations
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
Physical Activity Required of the Position
- Stooping : bending body downward & forward -bending spine at waist.
- Kneeling : bending legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching : bending body downward & forward by bending leg & spine.
- Reaching : extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing : particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking : moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Lifting : raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. (Min 2 / Max 35 lbs.)
- Talking : expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Carrying : to move while supporting, for example packages.
- Reasoning : intelligent ability to use judgment, ability to understand directions.
- Mathematical ability : ability to count.
- Language ability : reading, writing, speaking.
Conditions worker will be subject to in this position.
- Worker subject to inside environmental conditions: (dust, odors) protection from weather conditions; not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Worker subject to fluctuation of temperatures for periods of more than one hour.
- Worker subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Worker subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ months experience in a similar setting.
- Must be able to operate electric or manual pallet jacks and forklift