Ferrara Candy - Candy Mover (Forest Park, 4p-4a)Manufacturing and LogisticsFerrara Candy Company
Ferrara Candy Company
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
At Ferrara, we’re shaping the future of the non-chocolate confection industry and delivering lots of goodness in the process. Sound like the kind of career you could sink your teeth into? We’d love to hear from you.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Ferrara Candy)
Ferrara Candy Company is a leading American manufacturer of non-chocolate confectionery, including gummies, chews and hard candy, with US $1 billion in annual sales in 2016. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is privately owned by Catterton Partners. Ferrara's brand portfolio includes more than 15 brands, including Lemonheads, Trolli and the first USDA certified Black Forest Organic. The company also produces private label confections.
Want to make an impact?
Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
Ways you will make a difference
- Obtain work schedule and daily production paperwork and prepare for operations. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear. Perform daily safety check of the assigned pallet jack in accordance with company policy.
- Perform general duties as assigned including but not limited to pallet jack put-away, let-downs, break down pallets, wrapping pallets, loading, and related duties.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per company guidelines.
- Perform damage control checks on items received and contact supervisor about removing items according to company policy
- Informs immediate supervisor of any problems encountered including, but not limited to quality, safety and/or equipment performance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills that will make you successful
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products from various heights weighing 40 or pounds more, throughout shift
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments
- Pass pre-employment drug test and background
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Experiences that will support your success
1 year of packaging machine experience
Our diverse portfolio of nearly 35 brands includes SweeTARTS®, Trolli®, BRACH'S®, Black Forest® and NERDS®, along with iconic favorites like Lemonhead®, Red Hots® and Now and Later®. Ferrara also manages the Keebler® and Famous Amos® businesses for The Ferrero Group. Headquartered in Chicago, Ferrara has an operational network of 20 locations in North America that includes manufacturing, distribution and R&D facilities. Learn more at www.ferrarausa.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.