Material Handler (University Park) - DOT FoodsManufacturing and LogisticsDot Foods
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
At Dot, we like to keep our employees around a while. We’ve had zero layoffs in our company’s over-60-year history. The vast majority of employees earn a raise after three to six months of work and another raise after their first year.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (DOT Foods)
Location: University Park, IL – Hiring immediately
Pay: Starting pay up to $22.75 depending on shift and job type (see pay options)
Schedule Available: Day or night shifts including 4x10 (four 10-hour shifts) or 3x12 (three 12-hour shifts) schedules available
Job Type(s) Available: Full-time or part-time
Environment: Warehouse environment with ambient/dry, refrigerated, or freezer options.
If you enjoy trying new things, hands-on learning, and work-life balance, join the Dot Foods warehouse team. As a material handler, you’ll use equipment to efficiently pick, load, and receive product for customer orders. We provide training to ensure your safety when operating equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Pull, pack, and ship orders consistently and accurately using special equipment and technology
- Lift cases—cases weigh an average of 14 pounds, 35-60 pounds on the high end
- Pick product from high shelves
- Obtain required forklift certification during our in-house training
YOU MUST HAVE
- Safety-first mindset
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a standard physical abilities test to ensure you can meet the physical demands of the job
- Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely
- Good attendance record
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
- Previous warehouse experience
- Background in production-based job
- Bonuses available with each paycheck if productivity levels are met
- 40 hours of vacation time available after six months at Dot; 80 hours of vacation time available after one year at Dot
- Eight paid holidays
- Dot is a drug-free workplace
WHO WE ARE
Dot Foods makes products more accessible and affordable to the food industry. We add efficiency to the supply chain and build strong partnerships with distributors, suppliers, and operators. Our company was created on a foundation of respect and dependability. People who are open to input, ask questions, embrace diversity, and seek innovative solutions thrive here.
WHAT DOT CAN OFFER YOU
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture. We make everyone feel included and respected. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
- Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and profit-sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.