Mogul Sander (Candy Coater) - Ferrara Candy BellwoodManufacturing and LogisticsFerrara Candy Company
Ferrara Candy Company
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
At Ferrara, we’re shaping the future of the non-chocolate confection industry and delivering lots of goodness in the process. Sound like the kind of career you could sink your teeth into? We’d love to hear from you.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Ferrara Candy)
Ferrara Candy Company is a leading American manufacturer of non-chocolate confectionery, including gummies, chews and hard candy, with US $1 billion in annual sales in 2016. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is privately owned by Catterton Partners. Ferrara's brand portfolio includes more than 15 brands, including Lemonheads, Trolli and the first USDA certified Black Forest Organic. The company also produces private label confections.
The position is responsible for coating the candy after it is deposited and cured, prior to packaging.
- Reviews material paperwork and job orders to ensure the correct materials are being used
- Setup and wash down of equipment i.e. Changeovers of conveyors, tumblers, Laser Cleaners, Steam Tables, weigh belts, vision, and other equipment as area expands
- Proper maintenance of materials and equipment while running orders i.e. proper equipment settings, quality and quantity of sanding materials
- Quality checks and reporting
- Reviews and identifies opportunities to reduce scrap
- Maintaining organized, clean work area
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic problem solving skills
- Ability to pass certification test on pallet jack and fork lift
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to understand detailed written and/or oral instructions
- Promote teamwork; possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial environments. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime and weekends dependent on business needs.