POAH Communities - JanitorFacility Management and SecurityPOAH Communities
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
At POAH Communities we empower our diverse and inclusive staff to provide high-quality property management to our residents. We train our people to deliver superior customer service – focusing on how and why we do it. At POAH Communities, you can be part of our talented, energetic, customer-service oriented team. Are you ready to join us?
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND'S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: POAH Communities
At POAH Communities, we believe that access to affordable, safe and healthy housing is a right; but, it is only one part of the answer in taking on the barriers to opportunity. We have found the best way to have a positive impact for individuals and families across our portfolio is by working with our communities in finding solutions. We take a holistic approach to the work of Community Impact by engaging our staff, residents and neighborhood partners in creating strategies towards shared goals across our outcome areas.
Position Summary: Janitor
TheJanitor is essential to the daily upkeep of POAH Communities' properties. This individual will be hard working and able to take care of multiple tasks pertaining to cleaning the property daily.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Maintaining a clean property.
- Assisting with light maintenance work.
- Snow removal.
- High school degree.
- Some plumbing and electrical knowledge (is a plus but not required).
- Strong verbal, written and customer service communications are essential.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 65lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Compensation and Schedule:
Pay: Based on Experience plus benefits