Machine Operator- Freedman SeatingManufacturing and LogisticsFreedman Seating
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Position: Machine Operator
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Position Statues: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, saw and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides OSHA and FSC rules and regulations for safety.
- Wear typical protection gear in an environment that contain dust, odors and noise.
- Work well under pressure.
- Read orders and follow blueprint instructions.
- Select, position and secure tool in holder.
- Move controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other.
- Set up machine, fixtures and/or feeding device.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk frequently.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects of 50 pounds or more.
- Must be able to cover other shifts/overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to bend and squat frequently.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more daily.
Required Knowledge and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of one month of experience and/or training; Or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use a computer to access blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Ability to read English.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.