Wintrust - Relationship BankerFinanceWintrust
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The Relationship Banker (Teller) provides personalized banking services by performing all teller functions as well as those of a personal banker while maintaining friendly and positive relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and bank personnel in lobby or drive up.
- Promptly and professionally answer incoming calls and route calls appropriately.
- Cross-sell products and services aligning with customer needs. Onboard customers in accordance with the bank’s program.
- Adhere to all security procedures established to ensure safety for employees and customers. Make approvals and exceptions to policy as appropriate and within authority. Recognize potential fraud and report to management as necessary.
- Assist with training and ongoing development of teller staff as needed. Assist tellers with problem resolution as needed. May be responsible for bank opening/closing. Perform daily office responsibilities and tasks such as account transactions, account maintenance and customer correspondences.
- Supports the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act Program through participation in community and bank events as well as involvement in local organizations.
- Previous banking experience required (1-2 years of consistent employment)
- Must have cash handling and customer service experience (1-2 years)
- Minimum two years in a customer contact/sales position or equivalent preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel between branches may be necessary
- Must be available to work all shifts, including Saturdays
- Opportunities for growth
- Full-time; eligible for full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)