BMO Harris - Retail Relationship BankerFinanceBMO Harris Bank
BMO Harris Bank
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role . Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Takes a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty and identify immediate / future opportunities.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Engages customers to grow BMO’s business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and lending policies and processes.
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk guidelines.
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked, hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to uphold the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking products, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Protects the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration to sell investment products completed - as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions.
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending products.
- Experience in financial services is an asset.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers.
- Drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.