Business Development ManagerSkills for Chicagoland's FutureSkills for Chicagoland's Future
Skills for Chicagoland's Future
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) is a public-private partnership driven to meet the talent demands of businesses, and to be a catalyst for systemic change and innovation. The force behind this drive is centered on our mission to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work. By focusing on the hiring demand of employers, Skills has created a paradigm shift in the general supply-driven approach to workforce development. The impact of this demand-driven approach can be seen through both the employers’ skilled and diverse workforce, and the economic mobility provided to the job seekers who are no longer unemployed/underemployed. Launched in 2012, Skills’ foundation is built on its strong employer partner relationships, dedicated Board of Directors, and funding support from both the City of Chicago and private donors. To date, Skills has directly impacted the lives of 9,200+ job seekers who were returned to work, and the bottom-line for over 60 employer partners.
For more information on Skills’ impact on the local business and economic landscape, and national thought leadership, please visit www.skillsforchicagolandsfuture.com.
Due to growth, Skills is looking for a high-energy individual to join our Client Services team! The Business Development Manager reports to the Director of Business Development & Operations and creates an outstanding client experience for our current and prospective partners. In this role, it is essential to have a passion for our mission as well as cultivating new relationships with a focus to expand Skills’ impact. Beyond that we are looking for people who like to work hard, have fun doing it and who will bring a good sense of humor to our growing team.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will serve as a vital member of the Business Development & Client Services team. The BDM will be responsible for cultivating new clients, in partnership with various stakeholders - onboarding new accounts, and working with consulting partner accounts through the engagement. This role requires no cold calling but the aptitude for strategic business development through leveraging the Skills board of directors, existing client referrals, B2B marketing campaigns as well as networking. The BDM and associated Client services team have annual, monthly and weekly performance goals related to securing commitments to hire from employers, consulting and training partnerships with community based organizations and education institutions, as well as business client commitments to support Skills’ annual fundraiser.
This role requires:
- Support accounts partnering with Skills beyond just placement of candidates and advise and execute on all levels of contracted work and obligations
- Creative problem solving to identify needs and propose solutions for internal and external stakeholder challenges and opportunities
- Ownership of new client cultivation, sales and development for direct placements and curriculum/training consulting – you will be trained on all solutions
- Plan, develop, and maintain strong and effective relationships with clients at both the tactical and strategic level across the client life cycle
- Support clients with demand driven, innovative and executable strategies that grow partnerships
- Develop and pilot new accounts through initial implementation to ensure processes are outlined and tested for account success
- Project management to ensure timely and successful delivery of solutions according to clients’ needs and objectives
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics (e.g. weekly and monthly account projections)
- Proactive client communication and feedback through regular meetings and touchpoints
- Disciplined use of technology to ensure cross departmental communication and collaborations, high service levels, consistent performance, and timely completion of deliverables for clients
- Hands-on coordination of internal Skills efforts to provide excellent service for clients in collaboration with Talent Acquisition, Workforce Partnerships, Career Access, & Marketing
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in experience
- Strong understanding of the client and candidate lifecycles in the recruitment industry
- 2 - 5 years of proven business experience in high-level business development, RPO/Staffing, sales/account management, or client success experience
- Excel & PowerPoint adept
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Polished oral and written communication skills – speaks the language of multiple audiences, including business executives, educational institutions and public/nonprofit agencies
- Ability to develop consultative client relationships with variety of stakeholders
- Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment – able to adjust quickly to new responsibilities and be a change leader in the face of uncertainty
- Results Driven
- Analytical – combines data-driven approach with the ability to tell a story to our clients
- Hustle – hands-on; relentless intensity and work ethic; just gets it done; never gives up